Happy Fathers’ Day!
God the Father gave his only Son, Jesus Christ, so that we might be saved through him (John 3:16).
The good example of Christ serves as a good role model for all Fathers; Good Fathers are called to sacrifice their lives for their families.
They do this by:
• Being the spiritual leader and guardian of their families.
• Praying for and with their families.
• Being a courageous witness to the Gospel.
• Providing care and support for their families.
• Serving as an example of goodness and truth.
• Leading with courage and accountability.
• Laying down one’s life for another.
Today, in a special way, let us be grateful for:
• Our fathers, by birth or adoption, who love us and support us throughout life.
• The paternal guidance Our Fathers provide throughout life.
• The great sacrifices Our Fathers have made that we may thrive in life.
We salute all Dads today on this Fathers’ Day!