Our Lady of Peace Parish Religious Education Program
The purpose of all Catechesis is “to make faith become living, conscious, and active through the light of instruction” by proclaiming Christ’s message and passing on the Church’s teaching. The instruction we provide in the classroom focuses on three primary areas:
- What Catholic Christian believe (The doctrines and teaching of the Church)
- How Catholics Pray (The traditional prayers of the Church especially the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Act of Contrition and the Sacraments of the Church)
- How Catholic Christian live (Particularly Jesus’ law of love, the Beatitudes and the Ten Commandments)
In our classrooms, the sense of community or belonging is nurtured as the students come to know one another and work together under the guidance of caring adults. We try to provide communication with out parents and try to involve them in as many activities as possible. Such as:
- May Procession
- Christmas Party for the students
- Parental talks pertaining to the Sacraments
- and more
Going to Mass each week is an important part of who we are as Catholic Christians. We emphasize the importance of worship by gathering students each week for community prayer in the classroom. During this time, we expose students to a variety of experiences in order to help them grow in their relationship to Jesus, Mary and the saints. We also schedule communal Reconciliation services on a periodic basis.
Service flows from community. People who are about one another want to help one another. We will be providing opportunities for our students to practice Christian service throughout the year.
Registration for PREP has begun!
Any new students please contact Mary Beinlich for information.
We are also in need of teachers for PREP! Please consider sharing your faith with the young children of our Parish.
Please click the link above and fill out the form(s). Please make all checks payable to: Our Lady of Peace
Mrs. Mary Beinlich, PREP Director
(610) 532-8081 email@example.com
Tuesdays from September-May
4:30-5:45 PM in Notre Dame de Lourdes School
Follow on Social Media