Our Lady of Peace Parish Safe Environment Program
The Safe Environment Program of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is mandatory for all adults who are either employed or are volunteering in Our Lady of Peace Parish and have contact with the children/youth in the parish who are under the age of eighteen years old.
Archdiocesan policy and State law requires all church personnel and volunteers to obtain background checks. The safety of the children is very important to us and we take these directives seriously. All of these trainings and clearances take time to complete and process. The following clearances and trainings MUST be completed prior to beginning work/services and turned in to the Rectory to be filed.
Background Check & Clearance Requirements as follows:
PAID STAFF: All three clearances must be renewed every five years.
VOLUNTEERS: All three clearances / forms must be renewed every five years
- Federal Fingerprint Background Check (FBI) link here
- If you are not a PA resident for ten continuous years OR
- Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers
- If you are a PA resident for ten continuous years, we have this form in the Rectory to look over and sign
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check link here
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance link here
Training requirements are as follows:
All church personnel and volunteers who have regular contact with children MUST complete the following training. This is a one and done training!
Safe Environment Part I: Protecting God’s Children- Awareness Sessions for Adults
- Click here to register for a training session. You will also have to sign an acknowledgement form “Standards for Ministerial Behavior”
Safe Environment Part II: Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse
- Must be completed online through OCYP website here under “Training Institute”
If you have any questions concerning the Safe Enviornment Program, please contact Debbie Hanna at OLP Rectory, 610-532-8081 or email at debbiehannaOLP@gmail.com
You can also contact the Safe Environment Office at 215-587-2466
Follow on Social Media